The Right time to be trained as Tower Technician from Rooman!
Welcome to this tour of Rooman’s fast paced certification training course to become a Tower Technician. This course encompasses 3 out of 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) of “Tower Technician” Qualification Pack issued by “TSSC: Telecom Sector Skills Council”.
About the Tower Technician role
Tower technicians are responsible to maintain site live 24*7, maintain and repair level-1 faults/issues at telecom tower site. It is a challenging role and requires working at odd hours to resolve tower issues. Since telecom towers are dispersed over a wide area, this role may also require a lot of travel. Tower technician may have to frequently climb up great heights and fix antenna, cabling, and other issues on the tower. It is a niche field and has a good career growth potential. As a Tower Technician, you are poised for a good spurt in income and a stable career path ahead. At Rooman, we have a team of expert trainers to equip you with the knowledge and information necessary to become a professional Tower Technician.
Our Collaboration with IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, Nasscom – You benefit!
Rooman Technologies facilitates the training for the job of a “Tower Technician”, in the “Telecom” Sector/Industry from IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM. With our Rooman training, you also get the authorized certificate From IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM – which you can proudly display!
Let’s get to know you – our student, first!
Have you completed your 12th standard or equivalent?
If yes, our placement team will guide you to join this government sponsored training.
No experience is required.
- 12th standard
- Pre-University Course
A Brief Introduction About the Tower Technician Course
This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of a “Tower Technician”, in the “Telecom” Sector/Industry and aims at building the following key competencies:
- Preventive and corrective maintenance
- Maintain and monitor, DG, PIU, SMPS, battery bank and surrounding area.
- Manage operations like maintaining electricity bills, PIU, alarms and fuel.
- Health and safety compliance, safety regulations, personal protection, fire regulation and environmental conditions.
- Reporting and maintaining checklists.
- Documenting issues for future reference.
The table below lists the different modules that are part of this course:
Salient Features of the Tower Technician Course
This section lists some of the key aspects of each of the modules within this course.
There are two modules dedicated to giving an introduction to telecom towers. You will learn the definition and examples of commonly used terms as a telecom tower technician. Some of them include:
- PM, CM, PM TT Flow, PM CM Schedule
- Equipment Lay Out
- Electrical SLD
- Code of Conduct
- Tower Loading
- EMS, SME, SMS, and KPI
In addition, you will learn about the tools and equipment required and their uses.
In this section of the course, you will learn about diesel generators and AMF panels. You will understand block diagrams and the various parts, principles and uses of panels and generators.
You will learn about indicators, general configuration and display measurements. As a tower technician, you must learn to trouble shoot, do preventive maintenance, and prepare checklists/reports during this course.
In these three modules, you will learn in detail about:
- Basic principles and related functions, settings, specifications, LVD of power supply and battery banks.
- BD, different types of PIUs, PMUs and SPSMs, APS, AC. Distribution, LED Indicators, and alarm Indicators.
- Principles of battery banks and their maintenance.
- Purpose and workings of AC.
These three modules give an intense training on electrical systems. Some of the concepts covered are:
- Training on electrical Checks, AC/DC Distributions, Earthling, DTS,CPH Guideline, Cell to TOC, External alarm at Site and OSS.
- Learning the working of electrical systems.
- Documenting monitor readings, check lists, faults, reports on changes and movements.
As a tower technician, you must be well versed in following the safety regulations and maintenance procedures. In these four modules, we cover many aspects of health, safety and maintenance such as:
- General safety rules and health check for site and alarm procedures.
- Use of personal protective equipment like safety Harness, helmet, gloves, eye protection glass, earplugs, nose mask etc. and their application under different working conditions.
- Safety procedures and methods like barricading of work place, signage, safety drills, evacuation procedures etc.
- Shelter maintenance and tower check
- Fault identification and its importance
- Effective maintenance procedures
Rooman Technologies understands the value of your time. We offer many options to tailor to your schedule and ensure you complete the training with ease.
4 Hrs Daily - 40 Days
Total: 160 Hrs
8 Hrs Daily - 20 Days
Total: 160 Hrs
Interested? Dive into the Course Details here:
At Rooman, we have fully certified and trained instructors who will mentor and guide you throughout the course, from in-class sessions to the final placement.
Some of the key features of our training methods are:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Exclusive preparation for Global certification
- Certified Trainers
- Well-equipped lab with up-to date systems, equipment and associated software applications
- Hands on Practicals
- Discussions and Talks
- Perfectly balanced trainer to trainee ratio
- Expert talk on the subject, from experienced mentors.
- Periodic seminars/symposiums
- Parents meet for students
Trainers at Rooman follow the strict assessment criteria outlined by the SSC and build their training and assessment plans based on this outline.
Criteria for assessment for each Qualification Pack (QP) will be created by the Sector Skill Council (SSC). Each performance criteria (PC) will be assigned Theory and Skill/Practical marks proportional to its importance in NOS.
The total marks for the assessments for all the modules in this course is 300. The passing percentage is 70%
At Rooman, we also regularly update our knowledge bank with new problems and solutions.
- Job Placements
- Alumni Support for re-certification and job offers.
We conduct sessions in a real-time environment.
Our class rooms are well equipped with projectors, laptops and state-of-the art furniture.
We meet all the equipment recommendations provided by the IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM.
We have conference rooms and lounge areas where students can interact freely with each other and their faculty.
Where do you go from here? – your Career Prospects
The Tower Technician training helps you in getting jobs at various telecommunication services companies and tower inspection companies. Some of the job roles you can apply for are: