Optical Fiber Technician
The Right time to be trained as Optical Fiber Technician from Rooman!
Welcome to this tour of Rooman’s fast paced certification training course to become Optical Fiber Technician.
This course encompasses 3 out of 3 National Occupational Standards (NOS) of “Optical Fiber Technician” Qualification Pack issued by “TSSC: Telecom Sector Skills Council”.
Why do we say this is the ‘right’ time?
Optical Fiber Technicians are all set to see a dramatic increase in job opportunities and scope of work. With a steady growth in optical fiber network installations and maintenance, skilled technicians are in demand.
An optical fiber technician oversees the setup, routing, cabling and maintenance across the optic fiber network in the organization. You must also coordinate activities for installation and commissioning of Optical Fibre Cable (OFC) as per the route plan. It is a highly technical and skilled job role that you can excel at, and carve a niche for yourself.
As an Optical Fiber Technician, you are poised for a good spurt in income and a stable career path ahead.
At Rooman, we have a team of expert trainers to equip you with the knowledge and information necessary to become a professional Optical Fiber Technician.
Our Collaboration with IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, Nasscom – You benefit!
Rooman Technologies facilitates the training for the job of a Optical Fiber Technician, in the “Telecom” Sector/Industry from IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM.
Since this is a government sponsored training, you get this training absolutely free!
With our Rooman training, you also get the authorized certificate From IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM – which you can proudly display!
Let’s get to know you – our student, first!
Have you completed your 8th standard or ITI/Diploma?
If yes, our placement team will guide you to join this government sponsored training.
No experience is required.
Do you know cabling basics and color codes?
If no, contact our training co-ordinators. Our team at Rooman conducts a fast-track session to build up your basic cabling skills – before you start with your journey to be an optical fiber technician!
- 8th standard
- ITI/Diploma/Bachelor in Technology ( any field)
- Technical training on standard splicing process for both underground and overhead cables, interpreting colour coding to avoid cross fibre (preferably).
A Brief Introduction About the Optical Fiber Technician Course
This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of a “Optical Fiber Technician”, in the “Telecom Sector” and aims at building the following key competencies:
- Trenching, laying, jointing and blowing of cables. You must be able to authenticate and confirm cable drum placement, ensure cable marking is as per guideline and trenching is according to the route plan.
- Inspecting criteria of route plan, clearance, schedule, and patrolling.
- Importance of fault maintenance, maintenance of POPs and repairs to OFC.
- Compliance to enterprise policy, coordination with NOC, and planned maintenance.
- Compliance of safety regulations, personal protection and environmental conditions.
- Report generation ensuring cable id, cable markings, drum numbers, OTDR findings, are documented for future reference.
The table below lists the different modules that are part of this course:
Salient Features of the Optical Fiber Technician Course
This section lists some of the key aspects of each of the modules within this course.
In this module, you will learn about:
- Optical fibers, different types of optical fibers and their applications.
- Working principles of optical fibers and fiber optic communication systems.
- Characteristics of optical fibers like attenuation and bending, fiber optical connectors, and splicers.
In this section, you will learn about the basics of fiber optic network design and transmission equipment. You will learn how to inspect route plans, report and document the status of installation, and cable plant.
As you move to this section of the course, you will learn the technical intricacies of route inspection, procedure for cable trenching, laying, jointing and blowing activities. You will learn about the tools required for installation, tests, and so on. You will develop feedback mechanism to make the network robust and fault free.
You will also learn about project planning, time scheduling, and resource organization, as per project plan.
As a skilled technician, you need to learn the importance of planned maintenance testing and repairs. This section of the course teaches you restoration techniques, splicing through OTDR and power meter tests.
This section of the course introduces you to rigorous network testing procedures. You will learn about:
- Testing effectiveness of splicing through OTDR, power meter, and other required tools for ensuring quality.
- Fault localization, rectification
- Maintenance testing of dark/spare OFC and POPs
- Testing tools and equipment
- Tests runs.
Health and Safety compliance is a key requirement of an optical fiber technician’s role. In this section, you will learn about:
- Safety guidelines for technician
- Importance personal protective equipment like safety Harness, helmet, gloves, eye glasses, earplugs, nose mask etc. and their application under different working conditions
Rooman Technologies understands the value of your time. We offer many options to tailor to your schedule and ensure you complete the training with ease.
4 Hrs Daily - 50 Days
Total: 200 Hrs
8 Hrs Daily - 25 Days
Total: 200 Hrs
Interested? Dive into the Course Details here:
At Rooman, we have fully certified and trained instructors who will mentor and guide you throughout the course, from in-class sessions to the final placement.
Some of the key features of our training methods are:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Exclusive preparation for Global certification
- Certified Trainers
- Well-equipped lab with up-to date systems, equipment and associated software applications
- Hands on Practicals
- Discussions and Talks
- Perfectly balanced trainer to trainee ratio
- Expert talk on the subject, from experienced mentors.
- Periodic seminars/symposiums
- Parents meet for students
Trainers at Rooman follow the strict assessment criteria outlined by the SSC and build their training and assessment plans based on this outline.
Criteria for assessment for each Qualification Pack (QP) will be created by the Sector Skill Council (SSC). Each performance criteria (PC) will be assigned Theory and Skill/Practical marks proportional to its importance in NOS.
The total marks for the assessments for all the modules in this course is 300. The passing percentage is 70%
At Rooman, we also regularly update our knowledge bank with new problems and solutions.
- Job Placements
- Alumni Support for re-certification and job offers.
We conduct sessions in a real-time environment.
Our class rooms are well equipped with projectors, laptops and state-of-the art furniture.
We meet all the equipment recommendations provided by the IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM.
We have conference rooms and lounge areas where students can interact freely with each other and their faculty.
Where do you go from here? – your Career Prospects
The Optical Fiber Technician training helps you in getting jobs in the telecommunications sector.