Mutual Fund Agent
Learn the skills to be an effective Mutual Fund Agent - from Rooman!
Welcome to this tour of Rooman’s fast paced certification training course to become a Mutual Fund Agent.
This course encompasses 4 out of 4 National Occupational Standards (NOS) of “Mutual Fund Agent- BSC/ Q0601” Qualification Pack issued by “BFSI Sector Skill Council”.
Our Collaboration with National Skill Development Corporation (NSDC) – You Benefit!
Rooman Technologies facilitates the training for the job of a “Mutual Fund Agent”, in the “Mutual Fund Agent” Qualification Pack issued by “The BFSI Sector Skill Council of India”.
With our Rooman training, you also get the authorized certificate From BFSI Sector Skill Council of India – which you can proudly display!
Let’s get to know you – our student, first!
Have you completed your 12th standard or equivalent OR Are you a graduate in any stream?
If yes, our placement team will guide you to get the right training slot for you!
No experience is required.
12th standard Or Graduation
A Brief Introduction About the Debt Recovery Agent Course
This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of a “Mutual Fund Agent”, in the “BFSI” Sector/Industry and aims at building the following key competencies:
- Understanding types of mutual funds
- Market research techniques
- Marketing and selling mutual fund
- Understanding after sales activities
- Market risk analysis
- Basic IT Skills
- Health and safety measures
The table below lists the different modules that are part of this course:
Market Research techniques
Marketing and Selling Mutual Fund
Process Guidelines for Purchasing of Mutual Funds
Understanding After Sales Activities
Market Risk Analysis
Health and Safety measures
Generic and Professional Skills
Salient Features of the Mutual Fund Agent Course
This section lists some of the key aspects of each of the modules within this course.
This module covers the following topics:
- Research the mutual fund market to determine top performing funds, investor interests and trends.
- Analyze features of top funds and factors influencing them
- Rank and compare performance of top funds with mutual funds offered by organization as well as other major indices such as SENSEX, NIFTY
- Regularly update oneself on Stock Exchange Board of India (SEBI) mutual fund.
- Regulations and sales guidelines according to the NET ASSET VALUE (NAV).
- Customer profiling based on different mutual fund schemes
In this section, you will learn about how you can market and sell a Mutual fund to customers. You will learn sales and marketing techniques. Some of the core objectives in this section of the course is help you learn how to:
- Contact prospective customers from leads given by supervisor/manager or through referral network and market the mutual funds
- Educate first‐time prospective customers on mutual fund schemes and the functioning of the mutual fund market
- Learn customer profiling based on different mutual funds schemes offered by the organisation as per suitability of the investor need
- Suggest appropriate schemes to investors and highlight their benefits and success factors
- Provide information on dividends and other payments receivables to customer for a suggested product
- Explain the terms and conditions of the mutual fund and commissions received for the scheme
- Explain the process of purchasing the mutual fund the documents required and processing timelines to the customer
In this section, you will be trained on the actual process of helping customers with purchase of mutual funds. The key areas covered in this section are:
- Provide Customer/Investor with forms required for application for purchase of the mutual fund.
- Explain the payment process and accepted payment methods to the customer.
- Complete the purchase process by collecting payment through accepted channels such as cheque, demand draft, or online transfer.
- Collect mutual fund certificate from the bank/organization .
- Prepare reports on processed mutual fund applications and certificates.
This section focuses on helping you learn how to respond to any customer queries or clarifications regarding the performance of the mutual fund. You will learn to provide post‐sale customer services such as delivering forms for change of address, delivering payments, setting‐up automatic updates and so on.
You must maintain shareholder account statements and financial documents released and update the customers on the same. You must also assist customers with managing their risk with respect to the funds invested prior to acquisition.
You must also learn to process the cancellation of the mutual fund certificate once termination process is complete. You must be able to prepare reports on number funds terminated early.
As with any sales task, you must set up or update your sales/revenue targets with your supervisor/manager.
This section prepares you to quantify various risk factors and its impact on funds. You will learn about methods to compute various ratios to calculate risk‐adjusted returns. We will introduce to some techniques to comprehend impact of various economic and financial factors on the mutual fund market.
As with any NSDC training, this training also has different sections on safety compliance and developing inter-personal skills and teamwork.
Rooman Technologies understands the value of your time. We offer many options to tailor to your schedule and ensure you complete the training with ease.
4 Hrs Daily - 9 Days
Total: 36 Hrs
8 Hrs Daily - 4 Days
Total: 36 Hrs
Interested? Dive into the Course Details here:
At Rooman, we have fully certified and trained instructors who will mentor and guide you throughout the course, from in-class sessions to the final placement.
Some of the key features of our training methods are:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Exclusive preparation for Global certification
- Certified Trainers
- Well-equipped class rooms with up-to date systems, equipment and associated software applications
- Hands on sessions
- Discussions and talks
- Perfectly balanced trainer to trainee ratio
- Expert talk on the subject, from experienced mentors.
- Periodic seminars/symposiums
- Parents meet for students
Trainers at Rooman follow the strict assessment criteria outlined by the SSC and build their training and assessment plans based on this outline.
Criteria for assessment for each Qualification Pack (QP) will be created by the Sector Skill Council (SSC). Each performance criteria (PC) will be assigned Theory and Skill/Practical marks proportional to its importance in NOS.
At Rooman, we also regularly update our knowledge bank with new problems and solutions.
- Job Placements
- Alumni Support for re-certification and job offers.
We conduct sessions in a real-time environment.
Our class rooms are well equipped with projectors, laptops and state-of-the art furniture.
We meet all the equipment recommendations provided by the NSDC.
We have conference rooms and lounge areas where students can interact freely with each other and their faculty.
Where do you go from here? – your Career Prospects
The Mutual Fund Agent training helps you in getting jobs at various firms and banks that deal with mutual funds.