Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician
The Right time to be trained as a Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician from Rooman!
Welcome to this tour of Rooman’s fast paced certification training course to become a Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician.
Why do we say this is the ‘right’ time?
The mobile phone repair and spares sector has shown a steady growth over the years and will continue to be relevant and required over the years to come. There are approximately ten thousand mobile devices and multiple brands available in the market today. The scope for jobs as a technician for mobile repairs is tremendous and will continue to scale up. Mobile repair services have expanded to the length and breadth of the country.
As a Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician, you are poised for a good spurt in income and a stable career path ahead.
At Rooman, we have a team of expert trainers to equip you with the knowledge and information necessary to become a professional Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician.
Our Collaboration with IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, Nasscom – You benefit!
This course encompasses 4 out of 4 National Occupational Standards (NOS) of Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician Qualification Pack issued by Electronic Sector Skill Council of India.
With our Rooman training, you also get the authorized certificate From IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM – which you can proudly display!
Let’s get to know you – our student, first!
Have you completed your 10th standard?
If yes, our placement team will guide you to get the right training for you!
No experience is required.
- 10th standard
A Brief Introduction About the Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician Course
This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of “Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician”, in the “Electronics” Sector/Industry and aims at training candidates to do the following:
- Follow the procedure to receive faulty mobile handsets from the customer.
- Diagnose the problem with the faulty mobile phone. List the possible issues after talking with the customer and using diagnostic tools.
- Organize the tools and parts required to repair the phone.
- Repair the hardware and fix the software of the faulty mobile phone using the required tools and applications.
- Test the repaired mobile phone.
- Co-ordinate with colleagues to resolve issues based on the company policy.
- Understand the safety procedures to maintain the safe working environment as per the standards.
The table below lists the modules that are part of this course.
Salient Features of the Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician Course
This section lists some of the key aspects of each of the modules within this course.
This module teaches you how to engage with customers, understand the compliant, document the issues, repair and report results to the management.
Engage with Customers
In this section of the course, you will learn how to:
- Receive customers and greet them as per company’s norms.
- Follow behavioral etiquettes while interacting with customers.
- Ensure the customers are comfortable in the store.
- Communicate in the language which the customers are comfortable with.
- Understand the profile of the customers and the reason for their visit to the store.
- Interact with customers to understand the customer’s purpose of visit such as repair of phone, purchase of accessories, software upload, collection of repaired phone
- Inform about repair charges and warranty applicable.
Understand the Complaint
Once you receive a complaint, you need to learn how to:
- Listen to customers patiently and understand the customer complaint such as display not working, not switching on and so on.
- Assess the cause of problem such as physical damage, uploading of any unauthorized software or application.
- Decide on the action to be performed, i.e., front end repair or hardware level repair.
- Inform customers about the time required to repair and estimated cost.
- Provide document to customers for collecting the device after repair.
Prepare Reports and Documents
In this section, you will learn the importance of preparing reports. Some aspects you learn are:
- Use the system to identify the warranty coverage of the Mobile Phone and other terms and conditions.
- Understand the customer relationship management policy of the mobile brand and inform customers.
- log into the customer portal and enter the details of the customer and other details such as phone model, complaints, warranty coverage.
- Understand and use the interactive ERP system of the company and enter appropriate details.
- Use the system to prepare invoice, stock management, order placement, accessories availability and so on.
Perform Front End Repair
Once you have accepted the phone for repair from the customer, you can learn how to get started with the repairs. In this section, you will learn how to identify the problem and the action to be taken. You will check accessories and ensure they work. Replace the damaged parts after opening the panel of the mobile phone.
Finally, you will learn how to provide warranty, terms and conditions of the replaced parts
Interact with superiors and meet targets
In this section, you will learn to escalate issues and report status to management. You will also learn to use some basic ERP applications to track updates to documents.
This module teaches you the different steps involved in repairing the mobile phone. You must follow the standard procedure as documented by the Mobile Phone brand for each model. You will learn about anti static precautions, recommended tools and standard material handling procedures.
Assemble and Disassemble the Mobile Phone
In this section, you learn the practical aspects of assembling and disassembling the phone. You learn about case opening tools to open the outer panel of the mobile phone. You also learn how to use the hot air gun and other devices to remove the LCD screen. Similarly, we teach you the process to reassemble the phone.
Diagnose the Problem
You learn how to validate the customer complaint and use self diagnostic tools (similar to power on self test (POST) card) to perform standard diagnosis process and ensure functionality of different parts of the device.
You learn about the standard diagnostic procedure as documented by the Mobile Phone brand for each model. At this stage of problem resolution, you also learn problem solving skills and understand when to seek assistance and decisions you’re your team or management about the cost and time required for repairs. You learn how to interact with the senior engineers on use of specific tools or new repair processes.
Fix the Software
In this module, you will learn how to troubleshoot software issues. You must first verify the compatibility and license renewal status of the installed software. If required, you learn how to uninstall and reload an authorized version of the software.
Repair the Component or Module
In this section, you will learn how to:
- Define the scope of repair or replacement of components, and determine if the cost of repair is within Beyond Economic Repair (BER)
- Raise a procurement request to get the spares required for repair
- Remove the faulty component following established guidelines and tools. For example, you have use a hot air gun to melt the solder joints and remove from KLOB
- Solder the new component on the KLOB using soldering stations and ensure the component is fixed as per the specification
- Remove any faulty chips from the board using an automated BGA (ball grid array) work station
- Follow the process required to place a new chip and solder them with the KLOB
- Test the instrument after repairs
- Follow safe handling guidelines to ensure that you replace expensive or delicate components such as LCDs or other components are not damages when using tools like the hot air gun.
Any repair technique will require use of tools and instrumens which you must learn to handle with care. In this section of the module, you learn how to identify and use appropriate tools and their manuals. You must learn about the standard procedures to safely handle tools and equipment and also ensure zero defects while handling materials. Reading up instructions, safety guidelines, do’s and don’ts is a mandatory part of your job role as a repair technician.
Reporting and Achieving Productivity Targets
To be a successful technician, you must learn how to maintain your timesheets, track your targets, submit completion and summary reports and ensure you complete the repairs within the turnaround time (TAT). In this section of the course you will learn how to use the tools and applications to maintain your work sheets and completion status.
In this section of the course, you will learn about the all important aspects of team work, managing work loads, reporting problems and meeting targets. In this highly interactive session, you will learn how to interact with your peers and resolve issues. You will learn how to give positive and negative feedback on quality of work done or processes within the team.
You must learn how to interact with colleagues from different functions and understand the nature of their work and provide valuable feedback. As part of working within a team, you must know the various technical capabilities of your team members and consult with them to quickly resolve issues. As a support team member, you should also be able to quickly assign an incoming customer complaint to the right colleague.
You learn t o resolve conflicts, assist colleagues with technical issues and follow company policies on communication and team work.
A good technician must comply with safety guidelines and follow adequate safety measures while handling hazardous materials or tools. You must ensure zero accidents and no loss for company due to safety negligence.
In this all-important section on safety in the work environment, you will learn about:
- Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) measures for electronic components. Avoid damage of components due to negligence in ESD procedures
- Use of safety materials such as gloves, goggles, masks, etc.
- Adequate safety measures while on work to prevent accidents
- Participate in regular safety drills for being prepared in the event of a fire or natural calamity
- Help others during the drill or calamity
- Administer basic first aid
In addition, this section of the course has many activities that teach you to conduct and participate in games and fitness sessions such as yoga, etc. You also learn basics about ergonomy and good posture for working so that long term health problems do not arise.
Rooman Technologies understands the value of your time. We offer many options to tailor to your schedule and ensure you complete the training with ease.
4 Hrs Daily - 50 Days
Total: 203 Hrs
8 Hrs Daily - 25 Days
Total: 203 Hrs
Interested? Dive into the Course Details here:
At Rooman, we have fully certified and trained instructors who will mentor and guide you throughout the course, from in-class sessions to the final placement.
Some of the key features of our training methods are:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Exclusive preparation for Global certification
- Certified Trainers
- Well-equipped lab with up-to date systems, equipment and associated software applications
- Hands on Practicals
- Discussions and Talks
- Perfectly balanced trainer to trainee ratio
- Expert talk on the subject, from experienced mentors.
- Periodic seminars/symposiums
- Parents meet for students
Trainers at Rooman follow the strict assessment criteria outlined by the SSC and build their training and assessment plans based on this outline.
Criteria for assessment for each Qualification Pack (QP) will be created by the Sector Skill Council (SSC). Each performance criteria (PC) will be assigned Theory and Skill/Practical marks proportional to its importance in NOS.
The total marks for all the four modules in this course is 400. The pass percentage is 70%.
At Rooman, we also regularly update our knowledge bank with new problems and solutions.
- Job Placements
- Alumni Support for re-certification and job offers.
We conduct sessions in a real-time environment.
Our class rooms are well equipped with projectors, laptops and state-of-the art furniture.
We meet all the equipment recommendations provided by the IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM.
We have conference rooms and lounge areas where students can interact freely with each other and their faculty.
Where do you go from here? – your Career Prospects
The Mobile Phone Hardware Repair Technician training helps you in getting jobs in the various mobile service companies. You can work part-time, full-time or opt for flexible working hours in many such agencies.