70-740: Installation, Storage, and Compute With Windows Server 2016
Take the first exam to get your MCSA: Windows Server 2016 certification. Contact Rooman Technologies, to know more!
Welcome to this tour of Rooman’s fast paced certification training course for the Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 exam.
This exam is one of the steps to complete the MCSA Windows Server 2016 certification. This initial course enables IT professionals to become proficient in the latest Windows Server edition and learn to install, configure, and manage Windows Server 2016 deployments.
Rooman Technologies is here to train you and support you to pass the 70-740 exam. We provide the best In-Class lectures and live projects. We are one of the best Microsoft Training & Certification centers in India, with over 20 years of experience in the training and certification domain. As a Rooman student, you get our authorized Rooman certificate in your kit! – apart from the Microsoft certification badge, of course!
About MCSA 70-740
What is 70-740?
Though not mandatory, we recommend that you pass the 70-740, 70-741, 70-742 exams to take up the MCSA: Windows Server 2016 exam.
The course code for Installation, Storage, and Compute with Windows Server 2016 is 70-740.
Let’s get to know you – our student, first!
Have you worked on local and server storage solutions in the recent past?
The ideal candidate for this exam must have experience with local and server storage solutions including some of the following:
- Configuration of disks and volumes
- Data Deduplication
- High Availability
- Disaster Recovery
- Storage Spaces Direct
- Failover Clustering solutions
Are you a diploma or a graduate professional with some industry experience?
This course applies to you, if you have a Diploma, BCA, BE, BTech or any other degree with Computer Networking Knowledge.
A Brief Introduction to Microsoft Certification for 70-740
The 70-740 certification exam covers the wide spectrum of topics related to Windows Server 2016. This exam is the first step to becoming a Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE).
Candidates for this exam are involved with the installation, storage, and compute functionalities available in Windows Server 2016. Candidates perform general installation tasks, as well as creating and managing images for deployment.
At Rooman Technologies, we completely align with Microsoft’s philosophy to migrate towards a role-based certification pattern. Our certified trainers are excited to join you on your journey to become a professional network administrator.
This Windows Server 2016 certification enables you to apply your analytical abilities as a network administrator, computer systems administrator or as a computer network specialist.
The infographic below shows few terms that you will be learning throughout the course.
Hyper-V lets you run multiple operating systems as virtual machines on Windows.
Remotely administered server OS optimized for private clouds and datacenters
Collection of independent systems working together to increase the availability and scalability of clustered roles
Network Load Balancing
Microsoft Windows Server® Update Services 3.0
You must complete the Networking (N+) course.
Rooman Technologies has a constantly updated and current knowledge bank for research and learning purposes.
Some of the topics that we cover in-depth are:
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server activation models
- Spanned Volume and Stripped Volume
- Mirrored and Parity Volume
- Overview of DAS
- Overview of NAS and SAN
- Understanding iSNS, DCB, and MPIO
- Overview of Hyper-V
- Overview of containers in Windows Server 2016
- Overview of the integration of Hyper-V Server 2016 with fail over clustering
- Key features for VMs in a clustered environment
- Overview of NLB
- Planning an NLB implementation
- Introduction to deployment images
- Virtual machine environments for different workloads
- Configuring MDT
- WSUS overview and deployment options
- Overview of Windows Power Shell DSC
- Overview of Windows Server 2016 monitoring tools
- Using Performance Monitor Monitoring event logs
- Installation of Full GUI Server OS
- Installing and configuring Nano Server
- Installing Data Deduplication
- Installing Hyper-V
- Installing, configuring, and managing containers by using Docker
- Installing and configuring Windows Server containers by using Windows Power Shell
- Installing and configuring Windows Server containers by using Docker Installing
- Implementing a Network Load Balancing (NLB) cluster
- Creating and deploying an image
- Implementing WSUS
- Configuring Remote Management of Nano Server
- Configure services
- Configure Windows Firewall
- Configuring Software Restrictions
- Configuring Basic & Dynamic disk
- Configuring MBR & GPT
- RAID Configuration
- Create and configure shares permissions
- Configure offline files
- Configure NTFS permissions
- Configure NTFS quotas
- Comparing Fibre Channel, iSCSI, and Fibre Channel over Ethernet
- Configuring sharing in Windows Server 2016
- Configuring iSCSI storage
- Configuring and managing the share infrastructure
- Managing Storage Spaces
- Configuring Data Deduplication
- Configuring storage on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring networking on Hyper-V host servers
- Configuring and managing Hyper-V virtual machines
- Creating and configuring a virtual machines
- Deploying Windows Server and Hyper-V containers
- Configuring Hyper-V replicas
- Creating and configuring a new fail over cluster
- Implementing site high availability with stretch clustering
- Implementing Hyper-V VMs on fail over clusters
- Configuring an NLB cluster
- Configuring and managing the NLB cluster
- Configuring update settings
- Defining levels of availability
- Planning high availability and disaster recovery solutions with Hyper-V virtual machines
- Backing up and restoring by using Windows Server Backup
- High availability with failover clustering in Windows Server 2016
- Creating a fail over cluster
- Verifying quorum settings and adding a node
- Evicting a node and verifying quorum settings
- Changing the quorum from Disk Witness to
- File Share Witness, and defining node voting
- Configure iSCSI storage
- Configuring a fail over cluster for Hyper-V
- Configuring a highly available VM
- Establishing a performance baseline
- Identifying the source of a performance problem
- Viewing and configuring centralized event logs
Rooman Technologies understands the value of your time. We offer many options to tailor to your schedule and ensure you complete the Microsoft Certification training with ease.
2 Hrs Daily - 30 Days
Total: 60 Hrs
8 Hrs Daily - 7 Days
Total: 60 Hrs
Interested? Check out the details below:
At Rooman, we have fully certified and trained instructors who will mentor and guide you throughout the course, from in-class sessions to the final placement.
Some of the key features of our training methods are:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Exclusive preparation for Global certification
- Certified Trainers
- Well-equipped lab with up-to date software and hardware
- Hands on Practical sessions
- Understanding of real time project environment.
- Perfectly balanced trainer to trainee ratio
- Expert talk on the subject
- Periodic seminar/symposium
- Parents meet for students
- Periodic assessment of the trainees
- Validation and Certification
- Access to knowledge bank
- Job Placements
- Alumni Support for re-certification and job offers.
Rooman Technologies has spent lots of time, effort and money over the past decades to make the learning sessions enjoyable and award worthy. Here are some key facilities that makes Rooman the best Microsoft training center in Bangalore:
- We conduct lab sessions in a real-time environment with Microsoft
- Our class rooms are well equipped with projectors, laptops and state-of-the art furniture.
- We have conference rooms and lounge areas where students can interact freely with each other and their faculty.
Where do you go from here? – your Career Prospects
The 70-740 certification training from Rooman Technologies prepares you for the role of:
Computer systems administrator
Computer network specialist
Rooman works with large, medium and start-up firms to find the best-fit placement for you.