Junior Software Developer
The Right time to be trained as an Junior Software Developer from Rooman!
Welcome to this tour of Rooman’s fast paced certification training course to become a Junior Software Developer.
Why do we say this is the ‘right’ time?
Software developers continue to be sought after professionals in the industry since close to four decades now. The requirements are increasing exponentially due to a surge in demand for applications on various platforms like mobile, internet and enterprise systems today. Every organization in the industry as well as the Government departments are IT enabled and use software applications extensively. Software developers are required to complete each and every phase of the project in the software development life cycle.
Nationwide, there is a digitalization drive across the private and public sectors. There is a ever increasing range of products, application and services in various industries like Pharmaceuticals, Health care, Logistics and Transport, Education, Manufacturing and small scale industries. All such products require software development teams to design, test and deploy custom applications. The general policy is to hire freshers and groom young minds to learn and aborb technologies and processes. Thus, hiring junior software developers continues to figure prominently in the recruitment drive of companies, as can be seen from popular job portals and campus placements.
At Rooman, we have a team of expert trainers to equip you with the knowledge and information necessary to become a professional software developer, starting with a junior role.
The course encompasses all six National Occupational Standards (NOS) of Junior Software Developer SSC/Q0508 Qualification Pack issued by IT-ITeS Sector Skills Council NASSCOM.
With our Rooman training, you also get the authorized certificate From IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM – that you can proudly display!
Let’s get to know you – our student, first!
Have you completed your 10th standard?
If yes, our placement team will guide you to get the right training for you!
- 10th standard
A Brief Introduction About the Junior Software Developer Course
This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of Junior Software Developer in the IT-ITeS Sector/Industry and aims at building the following key competencies in the learner:
- Assist in software development and software testing entry-level tasks in the IT Services industry.
- Manage time and work schedules to meet requirements.
- Maintain a healthy, safe and secure working environment.
The course encompasses all six National Occupational Standards (NOS) of Junior Software Developer SSC/Q0508 Qualification Pack issued by IT-ITeS Sector Skills Council NASSCOM, as listed below.
Salient Features of Junior Software Developer Course
This section lists some of the key aspects of each of the modules within this course.
This module introduces you to the basics of IT and problem solving. You will learn some basic algorithms and develop simple applications. Some of the key concepts you will learn are:
- Basic computer and internet literacy including:
- Using a computer and describing major component
- Using Windows and Linux OS,
- Using browsers and searching the internet
- Managing mails and using social internet media.
- Analyze data and learn foundational mathematical concepts in computing.
- Design algorithms to solve problems and convert them into code using the appropriate programming language constructs.
- Read and execute a test case and record the outcome in the appropriate template.
- Communicate effectively with appropriate people in simple English – both oral and written.
For details, click here.
In this module, you will learn how to:
- Establish and agree on project requirements with management.
- Manage resources effectively and update the software as required.
- Understand requirements of the job role and follow policies and procedures within the organization
- Manage project schedules and ensure confidentiality of information
- Maintain workplace cleanliness.
For details, click here.
A good software developer must have excellent communication skills and be a good team player. In this module you will learn the basics of team work and how to express issues, ideas and concerns effectively. Some of the key take-aways are:
- Learn from experts and leaders within the team about data analysis and review results in a collaborative manner.
- Revise data analysis based on feedback.
- Communicate and share information with colleagues clearly, concisely and accurately.
- Integrate and merge your work with a team member as required.
- Show respect for colleagues and meet commitments and deadlines you made to the team.
- Identify any problems they have working with colleagues and take the initiative to solve these problems.
- Follow the organization’s policies and procedures for working in a team.
As with any job role, you need to learn about compliance, safety and security policies.
This module teaches you the various reporting mechanisms and policies to identify breaches in health, safety, and security policies and procedures. You will learn how to identify and correct any hazards that can deal with safely, competently and within the limits of authority. You will learn how to follow the organization’s emergency procedures promptly, calmly, and efficiently
Apart from this, you will also understand how to identify and recommend opportunities for improving health, safety, and security to the designated person. You must also practise completing any health and safety records legibly and accurately
One of the key responsibilities of a software developer is to ensure that data is managed effectively. Clean, error-free data is essential to initially test the modules as they are developed. In this module, you will learn how to:
- Establish and agree with appropriate teams about the format of the data or information required and an estimated date of providing this information.
- Check that the data/information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
- Carry out rule-based analysis of the data/information, if required and submit reports of any inconsistencies.
A good software developer must build a strong foundation of skills and continuously learn new technologies. Self development and self learning differentiates a skilled software developer from the rest of the team. In this module you will learn how to develop your competence and skills. Some of the key take-aways are:
- Obtain advice and guidance from appropriate experts to develop knowledge, skills and competence.
- Identify specific learning paths for the job role and plan key projects to address learning needs.
- Apply new knowledge and skills in the projects and get feedback from supervisors and leads.
Rooman Technologies understands the value of your time. We offer many options to tailor to your schedule and ensure you complete the training with ease.
4 Hrs Daily - 110 Days
Total: 440 Hrs
8 Hrs Daily - 55 Days
Total: 440 Hrs
Interested? Dive into the Course Details here:
At Rooman, we have fully certified and trained instructors who will mentor and guide you throughout the course, from in-class sessions to the final placement.
Some of the key features of our training methods are:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Exclusive preparation for Global certification
- Certified Trainers
- Well-equipped lab with up-to date systems, equipment and associated software applications
- Hands on Practicals
- Discussions and Talks
- Perfectly balanced trainer to trainee ratio
- Expert talk on the subject, from experienced mentors.
- Periodic seminars/symposiums
- Parents meet for students
Trainers at Rooman follow the strict assessment criteria outlined by the SSC and build their training and assessment plans based on this outline.
Criteria for assessment for each Qualification Pack (QP) will be created by the Sector Skill Council (SSC). Each performance criteria (PC) will be assigned Theory and Skill/Practical marks proportional to its importance in NOS.
At Rooman, we also regularly update our knowledge bank with new problems and solutions.
- Job Placements
- Alumni Support for re-certification and job offers.
We conduct sessions in a real-time environment.
Our class rooms are well equipped with projectors, laptops and state-of-the art furniture.
We meet all the equipment recommendations provided by the IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM.
We have conference rooms and lounge areas where students can interact freely with each other and their faculty.
Where do you go from here? – your Career Prospects
The Junior Software Developer training helps you in getting jobs in the IT industry, private sectors, and Government sectors.