Courier Delivery Executive
The Right time to be trained as an Courier Delivery Executive from Rooman!
Welcome to this tour of Rooman’s fast paced certification training course to become a Courier Delivery Executive.
Why do we say this is the ‘right’ time?
The courier services sector has shown a steady growth over the years and will continue to be relevant and required over the years to come. Market research suggests that courier services sector has maintained an optimistic growth and will continue to do so. Courier services have expanded to the length and breadth of the country largely due to improved infrastructure and better connectivity between tier 1, 2 and 3 cities.
As a courier delivery executive, you are poised for a good spurt in income and a stable career path ahead.
At Rooman, we have a team of expert trainers to equip you with the knowledge and information necessary to become a professional courier delivery executive.
The course encompasses all six National Occupational Standards (NOS) of Courier Delivery Executive SSC/Q0508 Qualification Pack issued by IT-ITeS Sector Skills Council NASSCOM.
With our Rooman training, you also get the authorized certificate From IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM – that you can proudly display!
Let’s get to know you – our student, first!
Have you completed your 10th standard?
If yes, our placement team will guide you to get the right training for you!
No experience is required.
- 10th standard
- Diploma/ Graduate (Engineering, Arts, Commerce, Science)
A Brief Introduction About the Courier Delivery Executive Course
This program is aimed at training candidates for the job of a Courier Delivery Executive, in the Logistics Sector/Industry and aims at building the following key competencies:
- Learn and understand courier delivery activities.
- Handle packages and learn use of handheld devices.
- Adopt best practices at workplace and learn environmental and occupational hazards and safety regulations.
This course encompasses four out of the four National Occupational Standards (NOS) of Courier Delivery Executive Qualification Pack issued by SSC: Logistics Sector Skill Council, as listed below.
Salient Features of the Courier Delivery Executive Course
This section lists some of the key aspects of each of the modules within this course.
This module introduces you to courier and logistics management services. You will learn some basic processes involved in efficient, fast and on-time courier services. Some of the key concepts you will learn are:
- E- commerce material movement, supply chain and logistics management.
- Courier industry, its importance and employment opportunities available.
- Job roles, prerequisites, and responsibilities of a courier delivery executive
- Organizational structure in courier industry.
- Difference between traditional mail services and the modern courier system
In this module, you will:
- Understand the run sheet, route plans and loading procedure.
- Identify the stationery requirements.
- Learn how to use handheld devices.
- Prepare for delivery and list steps for shipment delivery.
- Prepare systems for daily scheduling.
- Understand the process involved in physical inspection of packages to identify damages.
- Learn the inspection process of vehicles and examine the loading process.
- Understand usage of material handling equipment.
In this module you will learn the granular details of the actual courier routing, delivery, payments and package handling. Some of the key take-aways are:
- Identify shortest and safest path to customer destination.
- Learn about the customer to whom the delivery has to be done.
- Describe the COD process.
- Identify the action plan as how to react when customer is not available.
- Understand steps for delivery performance.
- Explain accurate parking of vehicles through symbols.
- Narrate cash collection activities.
- Describe additional charges involved during the process.
- Explain all terms and conditions related to customer payments.
- Understand process involved in proper handing over of packages to customers.
This module teaches you the various procedures involved after a delivery has been made. Some of the aspects you will learn are:
- Identify the process to be followed for undelivered packages.
- Explain the process to be followed once the packages are given to the supervisor.
- Understand the reports and bills to be done with the supervisor.
- Understand the tracking process and risks of handling loss and damages.
- Understand the process of surrendering cash and stationery.
- Realize activities after unloading packages
- Understand steps involved in performing post delivery activities.
- Describe vehicle parking and overall inspection process.
As a courier delivery executive, you have to pay due attention to safety measures and road rules every step of the way. As part of this module, you will learn the following aspects of safety and security:
- Driver safety
- Road signs and traffic rules
- Vehicle parking rules
- Emergency evacuation procedures
- Safe operations protocol
- Safety requirements in the work environment
Rooman Technologies understands the value of your time. We offer many options to tailor to your schedule and ensure you complete the training with ease.
4 Hrs Daily - 73 Days
Total: 292 Hrs
8 Hrs Daily - 37 Days
Total: 292 Hrs
Interested? Dive into the Course Details here:
At Rooman, we have fully certified and trained instructors who will mentor and guide you throughout the course, from in-class sessions to the final placement.
Some of the key features of our training methods are:
- Instructor Led Training (ILT)
- Exclusive preparation for Global certification
- Certified Trainers
- Well-equipped lab with up-to date systems, equipment and associated software applications
- Hands on Practicals
- Discussions and Talks
- Perfectly balanced trainer to trainee ratio
- Expert talk on the subject, from experienced mentors.
- Periodic seminars/symposiums
- Parents meet for students
Trainers at Rooman follow the strict assessment criteria outlined by the SSC and build their training and assessment plans based on this outline.
Criteria for assessment for each Qualification Pack (QP) will be created by the Sector Skill Council (SSC). Each performance criteria (PC) will be assigned Theory and Skill/Practical marks proportional to its importance in NOS.
At Rooman, we also regularly update our knowledge bank with new problems and solutions.
- Job Placements
- Alumni Support for re-certification and job offers.
We conduct sessions in a real-time environment.
Our class rooms are well equipped with projectors, laptops and state-of-the art furniture.
We meet all the equipment recommendations provided by the IT-ITES Sector Skills Council, NASSCOM.
We have conference rooms and lounge areas where students can interact freely with each other and their faculty.
Where do you go from here? – your Career Prospects
The Courier Delivery Executive training helps you in getting jobs in the various prominent courier services providers like FedEx, DHL and various local courier companies.
You can work part-time, full-time or opt for flexible working hours in many courier agencies.
Many large companies with multiple locations within the state or city also have internal courier desks, for which you can apply.